$10,000 Signing Bonus! Cardiothoracic Surgical Physician Assistant- Convenient to Montgomery, Alabama (Providers with EVH / Open Vein Harvesting Preferred)
Currently seeking a Cardiothoracic Surgical Physician Assistant to join a well-respected Cardiothoracic group practice in Montgomery, AL. The ideal candidate will be board certified and currently licensed in Alabama with at least 1 year of Endoscopic Vein Harvesting experience.
Responsibilities of the Cardiothoracic Surgical Physician Assistant
• Examine patients to obtain information about their physical condition.
• Provide physicians with assistance during surgery or complicated medical procedures. The types of surgeries would include CABG, Atrial Fibrillation, Coronary Bypass surgery, pacemaker lead extraction, surgical ablation, transmyocardial revascularization, valve repair and replacement and other thoracic surgeries including off pump cases for appropriate patients.
• Interpret diagnostic test results for deviations from normal.
• Make tentative diagnoses and decisions about management and treatment of patients.
• Obtain, compile and record patient medical data, including health history, progress notes and results to assist with surgical procedures of physical examination.
• Explain procedures and aftercare requirements to patients and their families
• Administer or order diagnostic tests, such as x-ray, electrocardiogram, and laboratory tests.
• Perform therapeutic procedures, such as injections, immunizations, suturing and wound care, and infection management.
Requirements of the Cardiothoracic Surgical Physician Assistant
• Master’s degree or equivalent work experience
• Must be board certified and currently licensed in Alabama
• A minimum of 2-3 years surgical experience
• 1 year of Endoscopic Vein Harvesting experience
• Must have the ability to work in office, emergency department or hospital
Compensation of the Cardiothoracic Surgical Physician Assistant: $175,000-$180,000 base salary plus a $10,000 Signing Bonus and $15,000 Relocation Allowance. Full Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K with Match. Potential for merit increases.
Vice President and Managing Partner
Medical Advantage Recruiters
15455 Dallas Parkway, Suite #600
Addison, TX 75001
Phone: (877) 490-5260
Fax: (817) 491-5261